Saturday, February 23, 2008

Juno

I watched "Juno" last night. The reviews have been raves, so I was curious to see what the fuss was about. It's the story of a high school student who gets pregnant and decides to have the baby. However, she realizes that she's too young to keep the baby and so she decides to give it up for adoption. She never wavered in her decision to give the baby up which I thought was admirable. The movie sends a positive message about choosing life over death, and choosing to give an infertile couple what they always wanted. I won't give any more away about the plot because it's worth seeing and going through all the ups and downs. Ellen Page is great as Juno, the girl with a heavy decision to make. She was a truly memorable character. I loved that her family was accepting of her pregnancy and her decision to give the baby up. I will admit that I cried at the end, but I cry at a Hallmark commercial. However, this was much better than that. I hope you will take the time to see "Juno." It won't be a waste of time.

This movie does not yet have a release to DVD date.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I have wanted to see this movie since I saw a trailer for it last winter. I'm so jealous that you saw it. Well, when it comes out on DVD we will have to watch it.

One of my friends saw it and thought that it was very good. I personally can't wait to see a film about a girl who doesn't have an abortion and is supported by her family in that decision. Bravo!