Friday, February 22, 2008

The Faith

I heard Charles Colson on Bill Bennett's radio talk show this morning. Colson has written a new book entitled The Faith. He makes the point that Christians are biblically illiterate today. The Bible is not read faithfully. Children no longer are steeped in the Word. Rather they are steeped in video games and TV. Children no longer hear about King David and his life an the life of Christ. They do not know about miracles or parables. The no longer know what Christians believe. Colson made a point that a majority of Christians think Sodom and Gomorrah were married. I fear for our culture if we do not know what Christians believe and why they should believe it. I am convicted about my own lack of knowledge but am I convicted enough to change? I hope I do.

No comments: