Friday, February 22, 2008

Mrs. Obama

I was doing my daily reading of articles at Townhall.com. I found one entitled "Habla Usted English, Mrs. Obama?" This dealt with the statement she made about being proud of America for the first time in her life. Afterwords Barack's spinmeisters stated what Mrs. Obama really meant. “What she meant is that she’s really proud at this moment because for the first time in a long time, thousands of Americans who’ve never participated in politics before are coming out in record numbers to build a grass-roots movement for change.” If that is what she meant, why didn't she say exactly that? She's a priveliged Princeton graduate who, I would assume, was able to go to an Ivy league school because she was able to communicate exactly what she meant before graduation. Princeton doesn't exactly graduate slackers. I doubt she had to have someone else translate what she meant during her college years. So why now? Frankly I believe she caculated exactly what she said in order to show that she is one of the people. Of course I have to ask if the Obama's who together make over $1 million a year, live in a $1.6 million dollar home and whose children attend private prep schools are really one of the people.

No comments: