Saturday, February 23, 2008

Indiana Jones

I saw the trailer from the new Indiana Jones movie. "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull." By the way, its release is "88 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes, 34,33,32 . . seconds." I have mixed feelings seeing Harrison Ford swing and fight his way through the movied. I mean he's 64 years old! He does have a younger sidekick to appeal to generation X movie-goers. This sidekick is a "motorcycle-riding greaser" who arrogantly banters with Jones. The movie takes place in the 1950's and the Nazi's have been replaced by Soviet spies. I doubt younger viewers will get it since they've never been taught about the Cold War and its importance. I will see it, of course. Indiana Jones is a part of my life experience. I don't see how it could be better than "Raiders of the Lost Ark," but I bet it will be good. Probably the highest grossing movie of 2008. Lots of people my age and older will see it since it is a part of their overall life experiences. I remember what it was like to watch the "... Lost Ark." We saw it several times and then bought the DVD when it was released. From the trailer I think the writers and director play on Indiana's advance age which is a good thing. Don and I will see it and enjoy it for sure!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

Hmmmm, I hope it doesn't let me down.