Monday, January 12, 2009

Hell Has Frozen Over

Unbelievably the Cardinals have made it to the NFC Championship game. After losing every regular season game on the east coast, they won one when it counted the most. The Carolina Panthers were picked by some to make it to the Super Bowl. Who would have put money on the Cardinals? I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan, but since they were not worthy of being anywhere near the playoffs, I've changed my allegiance (just for this season) to the Cardinals. Besides which, they play just a few miles from my house and I figured I should - I don't want to get my tires slashed!

They were never supposed to beat the Falcons to begin with. But the best news coming out of the win on Saturday was realizing that should Philly beat New York, the NFC championships would come to Arizona! Tickets were sold out in 6 minutes after the Philly-NY game. We're having a big party to watch the game ( if they are losing bad, though, we'll play Rock Band!)

The Cardinals are this year's "Little Engine that Could." Congratulations to the Cardinals -keep on chugging!

1 comment:

Don Durham said...

I'm a big Baltimore Raven Fan...always have been!