Monday, July 7, 2008

Daily Bread

I am hoping to post on a scripture everydaqy. However, I may not be able to do it due to schedule or other unforseen circumstances.

Today's verse is Phillipians 4:6:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.

I confess I am anxious more often than I am not. I know with my head the promises of the Bible, but my heart still fears the futures, whether it's today, tomorrow or a year from now. The good news is that God tells us to be faithful in all things because He is control of all things and knows all things. This doesn't mean that everything will go my way, but that everything will go God's way; God, who knows even the exact number of hairs on my hair and cares for everything about me. The big thing I noticed about this verse is praying with thanksgiving. Not just tell Him what I want or need, but to remember all that He's done in my life and praise Him as I pray. Praying with thanksgiving takes faith; thanksgiving reminds me of what He's already done for me so I can put all my requests before Him. I won't know how He intends to answer my prayers, but by faith I have confidence that He will answer in His time and in His way. The answer may be "No" or "Yes," but I will have the confidence to leave it in His hands.

I hope this helps you today.

No comments: