Tuesday, June 24, 2008

What Is This World Coming To?

Welcome to the first of my series, "What Is This World Coming To?" It will occur when I've heard or read something that causes me to scream "WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO?" There may be more than one post on a given day or a couple of posts a month. Of course with the insanity in this world it's likely to be more of the former rather than the latter.

Today's absurdity concerns England. I heard a news story that a school "district" in northern England is now sending home notes to the parents in their kids lunchboxes. What's the big deal about that, you may ask. I'll tell you the big deal; these notes deal solely with the nutrition of the child's lunch. If a parent sends a nutitious lunch of nuts and fruits and veggies, they will receive a note of praise. ("Good boy! Sit.") If, on the other hand, they send their child to school with a roast beef sandwich, an apple and a cookie, they will get a note of rebuke. Schools have a list of acceptable food. Are you kidding me? Are you KIDDING me? So now they're shaming the parents into conforming to their norm. And how far behind will school districts in Massachusetts and San Francisco be?

Let's wake up, people! Soon we won't have any rights.

No comments: