Friday, March 7, 2008

The Apartment

I've added "The Apartment" to my list of movies to see at least once. It is directed by Billy Wilder who wrote "Sabrina," "Some Like It Hot" and "Stalag 17" in addition to "The Apartment." These are just a few of his screenplays and there are many of his screenplays that he directed and/or produced as well.

A favorite of mine, "The Apartment" is about a not-so-good girl who meets a rather nebbish good man in an interesting way. Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine are believable in their roles. All in all a really good movie to put on your "Must See" list.

"The Apartment" is on TCM tomorrow night (Saturday, March 8) at 8:00 EST.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I enjoyed The Apartment. Especially loved the great Billy Wilder's screenplay. He's a genius.

But I have a problem. Cox just moved TCM to Cox Digital Programming and, the worst part, part of the Encore Programming. ARGHHH! I don't get it as part of my existing programming! I think Erik's got me convinced to go back to satellite.