Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Silver Lining

There is a silver lining to our defeats. Harry Reid did not get his super-majority in the Senate. Republicans will be able to filibuster and I hope they use it. The most important filibuster they can use is against judicial appointments. Obama will appoint far-left judges and the Republicans must use the "nuclear option." Back when Bill Frist was Senate Majority Leader he threatened it, but John McCain went around him to form the "gang of 14." I pray John McCain will stay out of it, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope he learned something from the election. I'll bet for the majority of conservatives who voted for him were actually voting for Sarah Palin. I know I did. I believe Mitch McConnell will follow through if he does threaten to use the nuclear option. Republicans need to start growing a pair.

No comments: